Abscess, collection of pus, a thick, yellowish fluid caused by bacterial, protozoan, or fungal invasion of body tissues. Abscesses can occur in the skin, in the gums, in bone, and in body organs, such as the liver, the lungs, and even the brain. The area surrounding the abscess becomes red and swollen; sensations of pain and localized heat are common. If the inflamed tissue encompassing the infected cavity thins out sufficiently, the abscess may rupture.
Boils, or furuncles, small inflamed pus-filled swellings (abscesses) in a hair follicle or break in the skin. The symptoms include redness, swelling, and pain, and often the appearance of a yellow head. A sty is a boil in an eyelash follicle. A carbuncle is a multiple boil involving a number of adjacent hair follicles. Boils are, however, commonest on the areas of the body exposed to friction, such as the back of the neck.
- Hot compress for 30 minutes, 2 times a day until the abscess or boil has ripened.
- Hot sitz bath for 30 minutes, 2 times a day if abscess or boil is on or around the rectal and perineal area.
- Alugbati leaves poultice ( english: Malabar Night Shade )
- Crush 2 leaves. Apply as poultice, 2 times a day
- Amarillo leaves poultice ( english: Marigold )
- Crush 3leaves and two flowers. Apply as poultice, 2 times a day
- Gumamela leaves and flowers poultice ( english: China Rose, Hibiscus)
- Chop 5 leaves and 2 flowers. Apply directly on abscess or boil as poultice, 2 times a day.
- Langka juice or sap ( milky juice from the tree trunk ) compress ( english: Jackfruit)
- Get the milky juice from the trunk and mix with little vinegar. Warm the mixture and use it for hot compress. Use small pieces of clean cloth or gauze as compress. Apply for 20 minutes, 2 time a day.
- Sambong poultice ( english: Elumea, Ngaicamphor)
- Chop 5 fresh leaves. Apply directly as poultice on abscess or boil, 2 times a day.
- Charcoal poultice
- Chop or powder charcoal, then wet with water and wrap in a handkerchief or a clean piece of cloth. Apply directly as poultice, 2 times a day.