Below are collections of ezine articles about alternative medicine like herbal treatments which discuss the importance and some guide to proper alternative application:
- How Alternative Medicine Fits in Today’s Society – Think you don’t know what alternative medicine is? It’s more common than you think, and now has a firm place in the world today. Certain therapies not formerly thought of as legitimate medical treatments are now being used on a more frequent basis to treat a variety of ailments, quite often with endorsement from the medical community.
- The Origins of Alternative Medicine – also known as holistic medicine, can be traced back thousands of years to the very roots of medicine. Many millennium ago, physicians or healers would assess the sick person’s emotional condition in addition to their physical symptoms before beginning treatment.
- The Link Between Antibiotics and Allergies – Most of us in the alternative medicine arena know that allergy medicine is a huge business, with an immense array of non-prescription over-the-counter products to address nearly any complaint…
- Arthritis Relief and Your Diet – There is a great deal of debate in the medical world about the effects of overall diet on arthritis and using diet toward alleviating the condition. This article outlines some vitamins, minerals, foods and herbal applications to consider.
- The Definition of Alternative Medicine – Have you ever suffered from a horrible headache when you thought the best remedy might be for someone to bash you over the head, or to pull your hair out? Then you might have some experience with alternative medicine!
- Cancer and Alternative Medicine: An Overview – Get a complete overview of the
most common alternative cancer treatment options.
- Stress Relief Provided by Herbal Medicine – this article teaches people about the efficacy and proper use of herbal medicine for stress relief and examples of such herbal medicine.
- Holistic Medicine As Compared With Other Medical Practices – Holistic medicine is health care that comprises all the aspects of one’ s personality to obtain the optimum state of wellness. It encompasses the process of looking into the wholeness of the person including nutritional, physical, environmental, spiritual, lifestyle and social values.
- Zen Shiatsu And The Art Of Healing – Learn about the differences between zen shiatsu and other types of shiatsu, as well as key points about how a practitioner arrives at his diagnosis. Find out how the meridians fit in, what they are, and which is the least painful of the different types of shiatsu practiced in the West.
- Here’s Hope for Parkinson’s Disease – The story of how an 85 year old man with advanced stages of Parkinson’s Disease was able to reverse many of the symptoms and even go bowling.
- Alternative Medicine is Holistic, Western Medicine is Reductionist – Alternative medicine is a label that seems to apply to many practices from acupuncture to yoga to vitamins to massage. How is alternative medicine, or holistic health, different from what we in the United States call “modern medicine?”
- Alternative Medicine is Preventive; Western Medicine is Curative – An important differentiators between alternative medicine (acupuncture, herbs, yoga, etc.) and Western medicine (drugs, surgery) is how the practitioners view disease. In alternative medicine, disease is seen as something to be avoided. In Western medicine, we see disease as something we must wait for, then cure.
- Constipation Remedy Using Citrus Juice – Citrus juices are an excellent way to stimulate
your colon and other parts of the body. Since your colon is less active at night,
drinking juices as soon as you awaken and get up can stimulate strong peristaltic
action and promote a bowel move. Learn how you can benefit from citrus juices.
- Ganoderma Lucidum – The Wonder Herb – One of the most apparent influences modern times has brought to people is their realization of going back to the basics, to the natural, and to the organic. Although the advances brought by technology has made life easier to people, many are still looking for better organic alternatives that are proven to be more effective in their most natural of form, like Ganoderma Lucidum or commonly known as “Ganoderma.”
- Herbal Medicine Chest in Your Backyard – Don’t kill, spray, tear up, or destroy the weeds in your garden, yard, and fence rows. Many of them are actually highly regarded, widely used, and extremely valuable medicinal herbs! Come for a walk through Susan Weed’s garden and see what herbs and weeds can do for you.
- Herbal Medicine in Our Daily Life – Herbal medicine is the oldest form of health care known to mankind. Herbs had been used by all cultures throughout history. It was an integral part of the development of modern civilization. Primitive man observed and appreciated the great diversity of plants available to him. The plants provided food, clothing, shelter, and medicine. Much of the medicinal use of plants seems to have been developed through observations of wild animals, and by trial and error. As time went on, each tribe added the medicinal power of herbs in their area to its knowledgebase.
- How Do You Get Hemorrhoids? – Here is a list of reasons that you might have hemorrhoids. Look this list over and if you have hemorrhoids, determine which condition fits you the best. Making changes in this condition, is the first step in getting rid of these hemorrhoids.
- The Roots Of Alternative Medicine – Alternative medicine and modern medicine have may differences and whose to say which is best? This article explores the roots of alternative medicine and compares it’s healing style to that of modern medicine
- Five Easy Things You Can Do Now to Help Prevent Breast Cancer – Rather than focusing on breast cancer, Wise Women choose to concentrate on keeping our breasts healthy through wise lifestyle and dietary choices. The following tips may amaze you – read on for Wise Woman ideas on keeping your breasts healthy.
- Arjuna, The Amazing Heart Herb That Reduces Cardiovascular Suffering – It’s only once in a while that an astounding herb is revealed when it has been around for 1000’s of years curing cardiovascular diseases. This herb called Arjuna has just surface in the US and is showing excellent results in clinical studies related to all areas of the cardiovascular system. Read on and discover what you can expect when you use Arjuna.
- Alternative Healthcare versus Traditional Western Medicine – The Western medicine community recently asked the question: Will Alternative Healthcare, a.k.a. Holistic, Metaphysical, Energy or Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Western Medicine (WM) merge? This question implies there is reason to wonder and/or we need to consider the benefits a merger might create. The consideration of merging Holistic, Metaphysical, Energy or Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Western Medicine is analogues to comparing apples to oranges. The only comparison between apples and oranges is that they are both fruit—but the comparison ends there. Holistic, Metaphysical, Energy or Mind, Body, Spirit Healing and Western Medicine is diametrically polar opposites with nothing in common, except the subject (you). I will explain.