Dandruff are scales of greasy keratotic material shed from the scalp. Below are some home remedies on how to get rid of dandruff.
Water and Other Treatments
- Wash hair 2 times a week using gugo shampoo or commercial shampoo for dry hair.
- Comb and massage head very well after every shampoo.
- Apply fresh coconut oil to the head and hair once a week, one hour before shampoo. Massage the oil on the scalp. Leave oil for 10 minutes. Better yet, leave it overnight before shampoo. ( It is best to use virgin coconut oil for his treatment – see Introducing Virgin Coconut Oil )
- As hair conditioner, put 1/2 cup vinegar into one gallon water and use this to rinse hair after the shampoo.
Dandruff Remedies Using Herbal Medications
- Kilaw leaves ( english: Turmeric, Round turmeric)
- Pound the rhizomes. Rub or massage the juice on the scalp and hair. Leave it on overnight and shampoo the next morning.
- Gugo bark shampoo ( Scientific name: Entada phaseikaudes K Meer)
- Soak the gugo bark in a basin of cold water for 30 minutes before the shampoo. Squeeze the juice in the water and put the juice of 3 calamansi. Wet hair very well and use this as shampoo. Rinse well. Use vinegar as conditioner if the water is hard.
- Sabila leaves ( english: Aloe vera)
- Extract juice from fresh leaves. Apply juice liberally and massage scalp 1 hour before the gugo bark shampoo. Do this once a week for 4 weeks.