Measles is an acute viral infection characterized by morbilliform eruptions with catarrhal inflammation of the conjunctiva and the air passages.
Water Treatment Skin Rashes
- Give fever sponge bath for fever three times a day.
- Apply a continuous cold compress on the forehead for headache.
- For coughs, give fomentation to the chest and back, 2 times a day.
- A starch bath to relieve itchiness can be given daily to take the place of sponge bath.
- Protect eyes from bright light. Make the room dim with curtains on the windows and dim lights at night.
- Lagundi leaves for fever ( english: Five leaved Chaste tree)
Follow instructions in the chapter on fever.
- Kamoteng kahoy flour for starch bath ( english: Cassava)
- Remove peelings and grate the tuber. Extract the juice, add water enough for one baby bath tub and boil.
- Soak the baby in the starchy water for 10-1-5 minutes but don’t rub the skin. May apply directly as powder on the skin.
When using Kamoteng Kahoy flour (or cornstarch) for measles bath; grate the tuber, squeeze the juice, add water to the juice and use as a last rinse. Do not boil. This is also used as a last rinse for prickly heat.Or, add cornstarch to talcum powder and dust skin.