Snake bites may be poisonous and can be fatal if nothing is done immediately.
- Keep the patient still to slow down circulation.
- Incise the bitten area and let it bleed to remove the poison.
- Wrap a teaspoonful of salt in a handkerchief or a piece of cloth and moisten the salt with water. Apply it directly over the wound after the bleeding. Apply for 10-15 minutes.
- Bring the patient to the nearest hospital or clinic immediately.
- Adelfa leaves and branch poultice (Scientific name: Nerium Indicum Mil; English: Oleander)
- Pound 10 leaves and a piece of branch. Apply directly on the wound after it has been bled.
- Kamantigui flowers poultice (Scientific name: Impatens balsamina L.; English: Touch me not balsam)
- Crush about 10 flowers.Apply directly on the wound as poultice after it has been bled.