Sunburn or erythema is a redness of the skin occurring in patches of variable sizes and shapes due to excessive exposure to sunlight.
How to Heal a Sunburn | Water Treatments
- Starch bath daily for 3-5 days.
- Bathe with rain water. Powder with starch or gawgaw after the bath.
How to Heal a Sunburn | Herbal Treatments
- Alusiman leaves (Scientific name: Portulaca olearacea L.; English: Purslane)
- Extract juice from the leaves. Apply on the prickly heat after the starch bath.
- Bayabas leaves (Scientific name: Psidium guajava L.; English: Guava)
- If there is infection, boil 1 cup of chopped leaves in one gallon of water. Add 2 gallons of cold water. Bathe with this decoction.