Ringworm is an infection of the skin, hair, and nails with various fungi, producing ring-like lesions with raised borders.
Ringworm Treatment Using Herbal Decoctions
- Daily bath with bayabas leaves decoction. ( english: guava)
- Boil 10 cups of chopped fresh leaves in 1/2 gallon of water for 15 minutes. Add enough cold water to fill up one big pail after straining. Bathe with this decoction while still hot.
- Tabako leaves decoction shampoo (if head and hair are affected) ( english: tobacco)
- Boil 10 leaves of fresh tabako leaves in 1/2 gallon of water for 15 minutes. Cool and drain, Add enough water to fill up a 3-gallon pail. Shampoo hair with the decoction, once a day, until healed.
- Kamantigui compress or poultice ( english: Touch me not balsam)
- Crush 5-1,0 kamantigui flowers. Amount depends upon the size of the infection. Crush the flowers until the juice is extracted. Apply directly over the infected part as compress for 30 minutes, 2 times a day.
- Bawang cloves ( english: garlic)
- Peel and crush one clove and rub it on the affected part until it gets red. Apply 2 times a day: in the morning after the morning bath, and at bedtime.
- Adelfa bark and leaves ( english: Oleander, Adelfa)
- Chop a one-foot long branch. Mix with 1 cup chopped fresh young leaves. Mix the juice with 5 drops of fresh coconut oil. Apply on affected parts, 3 times a day.
- Akapulko leaves 9 Crush 5 leaves. ( english: Ringworm bush or shrub)
- Rub the juice on the affected areas, 2 times a day.