A toothache is any pain in or about a tooth. There are many toothache relief in the market but if you wanted to try the indigenous way, you can apply the methods below using herbal treatments, a natural help for a toothache.
- Brush teeth every after meals. Massage gums with clean fingers after brushing.
- Apply ice pack or ice compress for swollen gums and cheeks for 30 minutes, 3 times a day.
- These treatments are for temporary relief only. See the dentist for proper treatment of cavities.
Remedies for Toothache | Herbal Medications
- Abukado seed ( English: Avocado )
- Slice a small piece that will fit into the tooth cavity. Place as filling inside the cavity. Renew fillings 2 times a day.
- Bawang fillings( English: Garlic)
- Slice a small piece, enough to fit the tooth cavity. Place inside the cavity as filling. Renew the fillings, 2 times a day.
- Kataka-takaleaves(Scientific name: Kalanchoe pinnata (Lam.) Pers.; English: Life plant)
- Crush young kataka-taka leaves. Apply directly on swollen face.
- Herba Buena leaves (Scientific name: Mentha cordifolia Opiz; English: Marsh mint)
- Pound fresh leaves and extract the juice. Moisten a small piece of clean cotton with the juice. Place moist cotton inside the cavity as filling.
- Note: These medications are only temporary relief of toothache due to cavities. See the dentist for proper treatment.